as well as just like Indonesian language, English Naturalife Greenworld two forms of sentences, which are used to express a thought, or an act. Both forms (structure) is the form of the active sentence and passive forms of sentences.
In active sentences, as in the structure of the Indonesian, the subject do the work, or perform an act, with the characteristic that the verb is used beginning with ‘me’, whereas in passive sentence, subject in the work / works, with his trademark, that verb used in the sentence beginning with “in-…”.
It should be noted that, the verb used in the English passive sentence, is by using the formula:
… be + Verb 3 (past participle)
”be “itself, is made in accordance with the diguankan tense in that sentence, andadjusted the subject of the sentence.
1. simple present tense
is/are + v3 (past participle)
he borrows the newspapers every sunday (aktif)
the newspapers are borrowed by him every sunday. (pasif)
hurricanes destroy a great deal of properties each year. (aktif)
a great deal of properties is destroyed by hurricanes. (pasif)
2. past tense
was/ were + V3
marry’s father promised her a prize. (aktif)
marry was promised a prize by her father. (pasif)
or, a prize was promised to marry by her father. (pasif)
note: utk kalimat pasif pertama, ditekankan pada marry sedangkan kalimat kedua, ditekanakan pada prize, sebab keduanya adalah sebagai object dalam kalimat aktif.
3. Present continous tense
is/ are + being + V3
anna is writing the letters. (aktif)
the letters are being written by anna. (pasif)
mrs. niken is teaching the students. (aktif)
the students are being taught by mrs. niken. (pasif)
4. past continous tense
was/ were + being + V3
he was doing the homework when I came. (aktif)
the homework was being done by him when I came. (pasif)
my father was painting the wall. (aktif)
the wall was being painted by my faher. (pasif)
5. present perfect tense
has/ have + been + V3
somebody ahs dropped a wallet on the road. (aktif)
a wallet has been dropped by somebody on the road. (pasif)
the company has ordered some new equipments. (aktif)
some equipments have been ordered by the company. (pasif)
6. past perfect tense
had + been + V3
he had spoiled the whole evening by showing his temper. (aktif)
the whole evening had been spoiled by him by showing his temper.
My sister had finished the work before I came. (aktif)
the work had been finished by my sister. (pasif)
7. present perfect continous tense
has/ have + been + being + V3
she has been writing the letters for two hours. (aktif)
the letters have been being written by her for two hours. (pasif)
8. past perfect continous tense
had + been + being + V3
she had been doing the work for two hours when I came. (aktif)
the work had been being done by her for two hours when I came. (pasif)
9. tense dengan modals: will, shall, can, must, may etc.
will, shall, can, must, may, etc + be + V3
they will leave the house next week. (aktif)
the house will be left by them next week. (pasif)
they must invite dian to come to the meeting. (aktif)
dian must be invited by them to come to the meeting. (pasif)
he can give the books next week. (aktif)
the books can be given by him next week. (pasif)
he may lock the doors before leaving the house. (aktif)
the doors may be locked by hium before leaving the house. (pasif)
how to create passive sentence from active sentence, there is to know that the verb of the sentence is using with pattern:
… be + Verb 3 (past participle)
be itself made according to the tense used in that sentence and adjusted to the subject of the sentence.
1. his antique motor car (was sold) two months ago. Past tense was sold
2. she has picked up some flowers. Pasif: some flowers have been picked up by her. Has berubah menjadi have(present participle), karena disesuaikan dengan subject some flowers.
3. The lette is short. It can (be written) in three minutes. Kata kerja dengan modals.
4. We like mr. nelson very much. We (have been taught) english by him for three years. Present perfect tense.
5. Tomorrow the car (will be driven) by my mother. Future tense
6. last night a mouse (was caught) by my cat. Past tense.
7. The tax (must be paid) every month.
8. The wedding party (is being celebrated) in “Horizon” now. Present continous tense.
9. Adrian’s letter (was received) by hart last week. Past tense
10. tuti is sweeping the floor. The floor is being swept. Presnt continous tense.
11. A wooden bridge (will be built) here next year. Future.
12. Rudy has been told the good news by john. John has told the good news to rudy.
13. Aktif: someone is following us. Pasif: we have been followed by someone.
14. Ida has been allowed to g et married by her father. Her father has allowed ida to get married.
15. Linda will marry hart next year. Hart will be married by linda next year.
16. What have people done about this? Pasif: what has been done about this by people?